Monday, August 29, 2011

My Sisters


You may call her "Cameron" however, I call her Cammie. She is 3 years and 5 months younger than me. We grew up sharing a bedroom together and so I know who Cammie really is..... and I remember. She has a soft compassionate heart, a resound, clever and definitive mind, an entertaining and very witty sense of humor and talents beyond even her comprehension. Cammie is brilliant. She is strong-willed and adventurous. Cammie is always up for a fun time......always. Cammie is someone you want to take on vacation with you so you are sure to have a fun time. I love being with Cammie because she truly makes me happier.



You may all call her "Amanda" however, I call her Mandy. She is 5 years and 8 months younger than me but in a lot of ways wiser.....she is what I call an "old soul". She has words of wisdom far beyond her years. If ever I am in real need for advice or to bounce a very serious idea off of someone, I call Mandy. She can calm me when I over-react and make me see the silliness in my actions. I love what Mandy "sees" or interprets and I appreciate her view and love how she gets her point across. We laugh a lot at the silliness of others views and reactions too. Mandy is benevolent. She sees things for what they are and judges fairly. Mandy is beautiful and delightful. I love spending time with Mandy because she makes me laugh and reminds me of who I am.


You may call her "Dori" and so do I :-) She is 7 years and 6 months younger than me. The meaning of the name Dori is "a gift; beloved; adored; gift; gift of God". That is exactly what she is. She is a gift to our family. The last of six children, Dori was not to be left behind and she made sure of it. Dori is devoted. She is the most altruistic person I know. She literally picks you up off the ground and carries you when you cannot will yourself to move. Dori gets things done. She is the best example of a mother, sister and friend anyone could ever have. I love spending time with Dori because she is my "North Star".....I am home when I am with her.

All of my sisters are different but we were planted in the same soil. Together we make an extraordinary garden.

3 comments:

Tenley said...

Kara-
Love this!! so awesome and such great accurate descriptions of you all!! Love all my cousins and miss you guys daily!!

Unknown said...

Wow what an amazing tribute by you to your sisters...God Bless you all

Mom said...

Perfectly and beautifully written. And to think that God assigned you all to be MY daughters - forever. A puzzling and extraordinary blessing - but how eternally grateful I am. Love you all endlessly.........