Wednesday, November 30, 2011

As the year draws to a close.......

Well, tomorrow is December 1, 2011. I can't believe we have one more month before we ring in 2012. WOW....2012. I remember as a kid, the 2000's seemed so futuristic. Weren't we supposed to have flying car's like the Jetson's by now?

As I look back over this year, a distinct theme seems to be prominent in my thoughts. It is FAMILY.

I have two brothers, 3 sisters, 4 nieces, 7 nephews and a wonderful mother who is the Matriarch of us all. She is on a mission for our church in Salt Lake City, UT and will return home to us at the end of January....just two short months away. Familes are blessed when they have a missionary in the "field" and our family has certainly been blessed this year.

Along with my biological family, I also have three best friends who I consider sisters. One is a friend I have known since I was 4. I don't see her often enough but I know she is family no matter what and she will always reside in my heart. Another is a friend I have had since I was 14 and she has been present at every major milestone of my life. She, as well, secures a special place in my heart. The last is a woman who was a co-worker at my last job but has truly become a sister to me. She is an example to me of selfless service that she constantly bestows upon her family. She also owns a piece of my heart. These women know me as well as my own sisters and I am so grateful that I have been surrounded my whole life with such amazing women who love me and help me to be a better person .

I also have a church family. People who are concerned with my welfare and truly want what is best for me spiritually and temporally. My church family is huge and spans literally across the world. This family takes care of me, in so many ways. This year in particular, I have been very blessed with people in my church and in particular a wonderful Bishop who is inspired by God to counsel and help guide me in my every day life.

I cherish my family. I cherish all of my "families". They come to my rescue, lift me up, take care of me and remind me who I really am. This year has been all about FAMILY and it is my goal to next year serve my "family" as well as they have served me this year.

No comments: