Monday, February 13, 2012

"Are you Happy?"

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand."

Last night a friend asked me "Are you happy?" and I answered "Yes, I have a great family, amazing friends, I own a business and I love my life".

I have been thinking about that question all day and why I was able to answer that question the way I did. I have come to the conclusion, that it is because I am surrounded by wonderful people who help me to be happy, to stay grounded and to always keep the big picture in mind.

Only those closest to me know what the past few years have truly been like for me. The many trials that caused tears too many to number. My army of friends surrounded me, picked me up and fought beside me to make sure I arrived at the place I am now.......Happiness.

I can't tell you exactly when I arrived, or even the exact route that I took , I just know I am here. There is a peacefulness that resides in my heart, a sense of joy and excitement, and a content feeling that I have never felt before.

I am not so naive to think that trials will not come my way again....they surely will. I will summon my army of friends and we will once again battle our way back to happiness....together. We are tried and true warriors. Sometimes we are the ones calling for help and sometimes we are the ones running to the aid of the one calling.

I am happy. I have a wonderful life. Not everything is "perfect", nor will it ever be while on this earth but it is a wonderful feeling to know for sure I am never alone in my trials. God has always blessed me with amazing people in my life to make things bearable, to strengthen and uplift, and to love me with an unconditional love. I am happy.

No comments: