Monday, November 12, 2007

A Few of my FAVORITE things

This past Saturday was quite a busy day for me. I hosted a bridal shower for Megan who is as close to me as a sister. I love her dearly and will miss her as she begins her new life in Oklahoma!






She will kill me when she sees that I have posted a picture of my gift to her. (but doesn't she look GORGEOUS?)
Anyway, we had about 22 women over and it was a lot of fun.

My sister Dori made the cake - it feeds 60 but I saw a picture of this cake and wanted her to make it. Needless to say, we have some cake left over.






After the bridal shower, I changed gears and set up my dining room table for a dinner with my sisters and mother. Every month we meet for "Granny's Goombata" (Goombata in Italian means "special ones" and my mother formed our group after my step-father passed away last year. It has been great - just the women in my family meet once a month for dinner. We have a great time) This particular Granny's Goombata we were going to celebrate my birthday (since it is on the 19th) and I wanted to eat dinner at my house instead of a restaurant. I thought it would be nice and more intimate so we orderd take out from The Cheesecake Factory. One of my favorite restaurants. I was very happy.

I got my FAVORITE cake from Pastries by Randolph (in Arlington). It's a raspberry buttercream and it is DIVINE. My sisters and mother got me my first thing ever from TIFFANY'S. I absolutely love it.






From Left to right: Cameron, Mom, Dori, Mandy. Usually my sister-in-law Shawnie comes but she was on her way back from a week in Cancun with my brother. They bought a time-share! I'm glad they had a great time.






This is one of the pictures I love from the night. It's a classic Tull Sisters moment.





This is typical Cameron. I grew up sharing a room with her until I went to college. I get my silliest with her. There was one year where my mother banned us from sitting next to each other at holidays from that time forward. (We were in our 20's too.....laughing fits are pretty standard with us)







Okay....Dori had this strange alfalfa thing going on. We couldn't figure out why she had this crazy piece of hair that stood straight up! I couldn't stop laughing.











This is Robbie and Shane. They came over after dinner and spent the night with me. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. I am sure you can see why all of these things are a few of my favorite things.

2 comments:

Merianne said...

You are so lucky to be such good friends with your sisters. You look like you have so much fun together.
Your sister did a great job on the cake!

Jen said...

I wish I could have been there! I know it had to be fun! You always have great parties. I'm sure that Tom will be viewing your blog often!