Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Water

I hate it. Well, it's not that I HATE it, it's just that I prefer to drink other things. Well, okay....I hate it. I hate it even more with a slice of lemon floating around in it. Gross. It's all I can do to get just ONE bottle down a day....that's a mere 24 fluid ounces out of the 64 ounces a person is to consume in one day. It's a very rare day that I drink more water than that. I can't help it if I'm not thirsty and let's be honest...who wants to be running to the bathroom every half hour. I know what you are thinking....you're saying "your body gets used to it and you don't have to "go" as much". Sure. I tried it. You're a liar.

I've tried flavored water. Just because it's a pretty color or has pretty fruit on the front of it does not mean it tastes good. I'm okay with some of that vitamin water stuff but then you get the sugar AND calories so it kind of defeats the purpose. My friend suggested Crystal Light - which I do like however, have you ever spilled that stuff on your counter? IT DOESN'T COME OFF!!!! It stains kind of like jello does, but much worse; which raises a red flag ~ I mean...do I really want to ingest this stuff?

I know how good water is for the body. I know the benefits as well as the consequences of not drinking enough....it's my profession for heaven's sakes but I JUST CAN'T FORCE MYSELF TO DO IT! So alas, I'm left to dehydrate unless someone invents a pill I can take that will equal 64 ounces of water. I'll even donate money to the cause.

2 comments:

Dorian said...

I am the WRONG person to add to this discussion because if I could have a Diet Coke IV I would!! BUT.... my new rule is.... for every diet coke, I have to drink 2-3 glasses of water first. Yeah....HA HA.... I haven't been very diligent but it is good in theory.

Jen said...

if you really knew the benefits, you'd suck it up and just drink the stuff. I mean, honestly, it's not fear factor!