Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

So, I need to give a little background about this story. A little over 3 years ago Lettuce Wraps bought a house with some of his siblings. Before I moved in, there was a lot of work to be done and the basement needed to be finished. We worked on the house for a month straight - EVERY night after work until the wee hours of the morning.

Anyway, one night Lettuce Wraps and I were painting and fixing things and he needed to go up into the attic to fix the bathroom fan. I heard him start to climb the ladder to go into the attic and I hear a "whoa!" and then "Kara, come here." So I go over to him and he says (with a HUGE grin) "Go up there." I think there's a dead animal or something and I tell him he's crazy but he finally convinces me to climb up there. I start to climb up and as I am about to stick my head into the attic I see this huge doll staring at me! He had propped the doll so that it was looking down as you were climbing up. It was TOTALLY creepy and freaked me out. BUT that's not all......the attic was full of naked baby dolls! Seriously.....it was so weird.


Well, the other night this story came up and it gave me a great idea for April Fools. Once again Daredevil was my accomplice. We got all of the dolls down from the attic and put them all over Lettuce Wraps room while he was at work. The story is told in pictures below:

Daredevil with her mining light afixed to her head. There were no lights in the attic. She is so brave.











The first doll extracted from it's living quarters.











Some were not full dolls.











And one was not a doll at all. This is the GOOD side of this donkey. The other side is quite frightful.











Eerie. More parts than whole dolls. What do you think that means?











This is the lot of them...unfortunately, they were covered in insulation. OLD insulation.










We had to clean them up.







This is how they slept in Daredevil's room. I wanted to sneak into her room in the middle of the night and put them all around her on her bed! Alas, she is a light sleeper!






Lettuce Wraps room. The sign says "That's what she said"....an inside joke.








When my neice saw this picture she said "yaya!"........that just makes this all that much more funny.










Here's one picking out shoes for Lettuce Wraps to wear.








This one clearly had too much to drink.








"DADA" "DADA"










No comment.



So, that's it. We left a video camera running in his room so that we could see his expression upon entering his newly inhabited room. The funny thing is.....he didn't realize there was a camera until I came over hours later. Don't you worry....I made a mental note of that!






3 comments:

Betsy said...

That is so funny! I can't wait to hear his reaction!
We need to get together - it has been too long.

Jen said...

That is HILARIOUS! Can I PLEASE see the video!

Hannah Tull said...

haha thats awesome Kara!