Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apple Picking

My mother, my sisters Mandy and Dori, plus Robbie, Shane and CeCe went apple picking in Winchester, VA today. It was HOT (91 degrees) but a lot of fun. Everyone (except me) went on a tracker ride as soon as we got to the farm. They saw pigs and everything! We then went to pick our apples and Robbie and Shane loved picking "perfect" apples. The farm had live music, a kettle corn stand and a farmers market inside the barn. It had a wrap around porch with lots of rocking chairs and a playground plus moonbounce for kids. In October they have a haunted house and a pumpkin patch along with live bluegrass and lots of festivites. We definitely plan on going back! I usually go to Winchester on the weekends to spend at least Saturday with Dori, Brian and kids. I look forward to going and love it when I can spend the night. Robbie, Shane and I sleep on an airbed in the living room and Robbie and I always plan to get up at midnight to sneak downstairs to watch a movie but we haven't been able to wake up yet to actually do it. We always have milkshakes and popcorn too. It's heaven.....pure heaven.



This is Mandy and Robbie. Robbie made that hat in preschool. Robbie likes to wear hats.








This is Shane. He's driving the apples away.







These pictures crack me up. Especially Shane's. They wanted to take pictures of themselves looking like punks. Seriously....I love these kids.

2 comments:

This IS our life said...

What a great weekend activity!! Next time you go call me. Tiff,Brandon and I would LOVE to tag along:) I hope you're having a good day

Dorian said...

I think I am going to just send people your blog so they can see what my family has beenup to! HAHA And, you can take that picture of me off RIGHT AWAY thank you very much!!!!