Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hot Caramel Apple Cider


If I was into idol worshipping, I think I'd have to worship Starbuck's Hot Caramel Apple Cider. In the spring and summer, I look forward to the Fall and Winter and the crisp mornings/days when I can hold a grande apple cider in my little hands. It makes me joyful! I can remember the first time I ever had one. It was Christmas Eve day. I woke up with a terrible head cold and decided to get a pedicure before I headed up to our cabin for the holiday. Just thinking about the foot massage made my cold seem less terrible. I stopped by Starbucks to get a hot chocolate but in a crazy moment decided to try the hot apple cider. The heavens opened and light beamed down with my first sip. I heard angels sing. I've been a believer ever since.


I woke up this morning with another terrible head cold. I got in my car to go to work and ended up at Starbucks. The first sip of the first hot apple cider of the year has not let me down. I can still hear the angels singing....very faintly now.....but they are there.

2 comments:

Merianne said...

Ooohh, I can't wait to try this. I love their steamed milk with almond syrup, but this seems it may top my favorite.

Laura said...

Kara-
I remember when you introduced this to me and I still drink it to this day--even in the summer--it is still good then:) Thanks for reminding me of this fabulous drink!!