Sunday, October 14, 2007

Really? REALLY??????


So, I was driving on New York Avenue today and saw a church that advertised "Blessing of the Animals. We will even bless your stuffed animals" WHAT THE HECK? So, I googled this and evidently, it's a world wide effort. I never knew! I'm sure you all knew about this.....but I have never heard of this. Anyway, below is info from one of the churches I googled. Seriously, this is wrong on so many levels I just don't know what to say....

Blessing of the Animals
Sunday, October 7, 2007
12:30 P.M. (immediately after church)
Open to the whole community!

We will celebrate the "Blessing of the Animals" on the Sunday after St. Francis of Assisi day (October 7) and the following Sunday (October 14) . This custom is conducted in remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi's love for all creatures.

You are encouraged to bring your pets and stuffed animals/toys with you or bring photos of your furry and scaly friends to receive a belssing in the garden.

1 comment:

This IS our life said...

What will they think of next?? Maybe they will bless our paychecks so they last longer:) LOL