Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad

So after I posted about my father in March, I received several emails from family and friends about memories they had of my father. I am going to compile them and send them out.....they are precious.

This is my father and I at Rehobeth Beach, DE in a very close race it looks like. My father loved go-karts and loved to take us to amusement parks and arcades. His favorite game was Ms. Pacman. He was so much fun to be around - all of the time.


This is the last picture we have of all of the kids with my father. It is Easter 1986 - he passed away that November. He loved us so much. Two nights before he passed away we had Family Home Evening and he made everyone go around and bear their testimony and then he bore his. I remember feeling the absolute love he had for the gospel and for us. I am so grateful that I remember his testimony. My father constantly told us how much he loved us and I never doubted it.



My father was a great example to me of unconditional love for everyone, not just our family. He taught me about prayer and missionary work but most importantly, my father made me feel special when I was in his presence. He told me I was beautiful and so I believed him. He told me I was his "precious girl" and I knew it was true.






No comments: