Sunday, June 15, 2008

John Wilson Grammer

This is my grandfather. We were very lucky and grew up next door to my maternal grandparents. All of us could write books about what we learned from "granddad". Even my friends knew and loved granddad. He was the most hard-working man I have ever met and would do anything you asked him to do. After my father passed away, he became the man I turned to when I needed something and he was always , ALWAYS willing to help me fix my problem.






I found this picture when I was going through his things after he passed away. I love this picture because it shows a side to him that very few people saw.







I lived with my grandfather during his last year of life. EVERY Saturday night we would watch Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Walker Texas Ranger. Those are times I will always cherish. He was a simple man, full of charity for his neighbor and love for his family. He taught me the importance of hard work and obeying rules. I am so blessed to have had him in my life.








No comments: