Sunday, June 15, 2008

Robert John Bonaccorso

Bob was my step-father. He married my mother in 1992. Bob was an amazing man. He took on a widow with 6 children and loved us like we were his own. He was always ready with advice and a listening ear. The best thing about Bob is how much he loved my mother and how he supported our family through many trials.

Bob and I had a tradition of going to a tree farm the day after Thanksgiving and cutting down my Christmas tree. He would walk patiently beside me as I literally walked over acres of trees to find the perfect one. It is something that I dearly miss.





This picture is the epitomy of Bob. Easy smile, easy going, easy to love.








Bob was a respected and revered man throughout Arlington County as well as Winchester, VA. I will never forget his viewing in Winchester. I was sitting with my sisters facing the casket and all of a sudden we hear these loud sobs coming in the door. His entire 12 year old baseball team was coming in single file just BAWLING. I have never seen anything like it. They were inconsolable and just layed over Bob in his casket. He was a very loved man, not just by our family but by hundreds of kids he mentored throughout the years.




2 comments:

Christy Tull said...

Thanks for sharing this! I really enjoyed reading about everyone, and your memories with them.

Laura said...

Kara-
This post really touched me. I loved Bob as well. I never met your dad but I am sure he too was a great man. Thanks for taking me right back to the cabin with your mom and Bob and Holly too--