Monday, March 10, 2008

Bigfoot~ Fact or Fiction?

Okay....some of you know this story but MANY of you do not. I have one friend in particular who mocks me and so this post is for him. He asked me to draw a picture and this is the best I could do for now.
You can be a believer or you can be an unbeliever - however, you must know that I would lay my life on the line to defend the validity of my story. Here goes.....

It was July of 1987. My family was at Ocean City, MD for a week at the beach. My mother, my grandmother (my father's mother) and I had been to an antique show at the convention center and decided to get some lunch at BJ's on the Water. This restaurant is 3/4 window and overlooks the Chesapeake Bay. I was sitting at the table facing the water and facing my mother and grandmother. (their backs were to the water)

Anyway, I was looking out at the water and about 250 yards (or so...I am not good at judging distance) I saw this THING! It was jumping from abutment to abutment under a bridge. In order to make that jump, it had to be at least 8 or 9 feet tall. Anyway...I watched it for a second and then looked at my mother and grandmother and said "WHAT is that?" They turned around and just stared at it......as I did. We watched it jump all the way across and then jump onto the bank. It walked up through some woods to the road and stood about 50 or so feet away and just watched the cars go by for about 30 seconds and then walked back into the woods until we could not see it anymore. This whole scene lasted about 1 and 1/2 minutes at most. Once it was gone, we were astounded and just sat there in silence for a minute trying to comprehend what we had just seen.

Anyway, I will not go into more detail about events following this event but learned that there have been other sightings in the Chesapeake area. In fact, there is a book and a website devoted to this thing.

I know what I saw. I don't tell people this story....for obvious reasons but it came up at dinner tonight (thanks to my unbelieving friend) and I told him I'd blog about it. All I know, is that I saw what I saw. I'm not crazy. I'm not delusional. I'm just a girl from Virginia who has seen Bigfoot. I guess I'm just lucky that way.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Kara-
Was it Nick or Von who wrote your mom a letter? Anyway--I always love hearing this story!!
I BELIEVE YOU! :)

Hannah Tull said...

Haha Kara I love it!

Jen said...

I totally believe you! Why would you make something like that up? Honestly, I know the person you are talking about is my brother. He is such a skeptic.