Friday, March 21, 2008

My top 5

I was supposed to do this a while ago....SORRY JEN!

Question 1. What are 5 of your favorite books (other than the Book of Mormon)?
I actually read alot and I read many different types of books. I generally like most of the books I read but here are my favorites.

1. Daughters of God - Scriptural Portraits by S.Michael Wilcox. I LOVE this book. The author mentions every woman listed in the Bible and Book of Mormon and talks about each one. I especially love what he writes about Eve.
2. The Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. This is one of my favorites~ I found myself laughing out loud all during this book - it's about a young boy in 1906 in Georgia. It really is funny and tender and I was sad when it ended.
3. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. A true classic.
4. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin by Mark Twain. I combined these because you have to read both! These must be on your "to be read before I die" list.
5. The Gift of the Magi by O.Henry (pen name for William Sydney Porter) This is a short story and generally found in the childrens section. This story makes me cry everytime I read it. The moral is that LOVE is the greatest gift of all - which I whole-heartedly agree with.

Question number 2. What are your 5 favorite movies?

I'm going to include my ALL-TIME favorite movie first. It is The Trip to Bountiful (Geraldine Page and John Heard)
This movie was a life-changing movie for me~ it has so many under-lying meanings that I fell in love with it immediately. It's just about an old woman trying to get to her childhood home before she dies. (btw....she doesn't die at the end....) It's a very tender and moving movie.
1. Fiddler on the Roof - my 2nd all-time favorite movie.
2. Pride and Prejudice - the A&E version; I could watch this movie every day and never tire of it!
3. The Holiday (with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz) I relate to this movie on so many levels.
4. The Philadephia Story (Katherine Hepburn and Carey Grant) This is truly an enjoyable movie and Katherine Hepburn is one of my favorite actresses.
5. The Scarlet Pimpernel (Jane Seymour and Ian McKellan) I love this story and I love this movie.

Question no. 3: What are the top 5 songs on your iPod or MP3 player?
I have several latin songs that I love but if I had to choose, these would be my top 5.

1. Eva Cassidy--Songbird
2. Aretha Franklin --Baby I Love You
3. Howie Day--Collide
4. Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels Like Home
5. The Manhattans - Shining Star

Question 4: List 5 things you hope to accomplish before you die

1. I'd really like to visit the Czech Republic and Ireland. It's where my relatives hail from.
2. I would like to go to Alaska - just because I hear it's beautiful.
3. I'd like to get married - even though I don't think that is something you "accomplish".
4. I would like to write a book about my grandmother and title it "The Ballad of Bessie Ann".
5. I would like to develop a series of seminars for (LDS) young women

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for finally posting :)

Why didn't you include "The Red Tent" as one of your favorite books! HA! That was an adventure.