Monday, March 3, 2008

Friends


The Giving Tree is one of my favorite books. It reminds me of how blessed I am in my life.
Throughout my life, I have been blessed with great friends. I have always been surrounded by people who are great examples to me and who constantly teach me new things about myself and life in general. I feel particularly blessed at this time in my life because I have some amazing friends.


Recently, I have felt so much love and concern for my well-being from several friends and it has touched my heart in a way that I have not felt before. I have one friend in particular who offered to fast with me when she found out I was going to be fasting. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to know that someone was fasting with me and FOR me. I believe in fasting. I know it works. I also know that when people fast together for a specific purpose, miracles happen. I am so lucky to have a friend in my life who sacrificed for me so that I could get answers. Words cannot express my gratitude to her for her willingness to put my needs above hers (and the needs of her family) I am truly humbled.

I have another friend who, by his example, reminds me to be obedient and patient and that the "small stuff" really is just "small stuff". Through him I have learned how to let go and forgive and move on from things that aren't important in the grand scheme of things. I have learned about service to others and magnifying church callings and most importantly how to unconditionally love.

I have a friend who has taught me about courage and strength. She perservered through heartache and loneliness and single parenting and in the end was blessed beyond her imagination with a wonderful husband and family. She continues to buoy me up and support me in my trials and is a constant reminder to me that Heavenly Father loves us very much.

Another friend shows by example that the temple is a place for refuge and peace. That we should go there often to get answers to our prayers and that we can feel assured that we will get the answers we seek when we make the effort and have the faith to do Heavenly Father's will. She is someone I turn to often for advice.

I have another friend who has taught me that laughter really is the best medicine. She is a breath of fresh air and always fun to be around. She has taught me to find the funny story in everything and it is a great lesson that I have learned. Many times she has lightened my mood and has taught me to laugh at everyday life.

I could go on and on. My friends are truly a blessing to me and I love them dearly. I am grateful to have such good people in my life who I can watch and learn from and who can edify me as I try to become a better person.

No comments: