Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

So, I'm not Mexican. I'm not related to anyone Mexican (that I know of) however, I have been to Mexico several times. Today is the 5th of May and Mexico celebrates a victory over the French in the Battle of Puebla in 1862.



In honor of this splendid day, I am posting some Mexican things that I love.

Chips and Salsa - I could eat this every day. My favorite salsa is at the restaurant RIO GRANDE. It is really good. I know this is not "traditional" mexican food but I still love it just the same.







I love Mariachi music. Especially the ballads. Seriously, there is NOTHING more romantic than being serenaded by a Mariachi band.








Zorro - I love the movies - old and new. When I was little I used to daydream about Zorro....for real.


So, go eat some chips and salsa, put some mariachi music on and think of Zorro. I promise your day will be just swell!!!!

1 comment:

Hannah Tull said...

Cinco de Mayo is also the day Pop-pop died thats how I remember it