Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Keeper of My Heart


This past weekend was a special weekend for Robbie and me. He's growing up so fast......TOO FAST, so I asked his mother Dori if I could have a weekend with just me and Robbie. I wanted to make sure that Shane wouldn't get his feelings hurt if I only took Robbie because (almost) since Shane was born he has been spending the night when Robbie spends the night. I told Shane he gets a special weekend too.

So Robbie and I talked about this weekend for about 2 weeks and planned
everything we were going to do.

Dori came down early with the kids because she had a bunch of massages lined up. She dropped them off with Aunt Cammie and I left work early to pick them up. We were going to meet Dori at Chuck E. Cheese for dinner (Robbie's first request) This is what my back seat looked like when I arrived at Chuck E. Cheese. Can you tell they are related? This picture cracks me up. Chuck E. Cheese was a lot of fun...even CeCe ran around like she owned the place.

After dinner, Dori took Shane and CeCe home to Winchester and Robbie and I went to Blockbuster to get some video games and movies. (THANK YOU Daredevil for letting us use your Wii) So, $30 later with 2 games and 2 videos, 2 packs of microwave butter popcorn and 2 packs of Twizzlers we were on our way home. We watched The Golden Compass which I thought was an okay movie.

The next morning we met Granny at Silver Diner because Robbie wanted to eat a grilled cheese and french fries for breakfast. He is DEFINITELY my nephew. We decided to go see 'Nim's Island' - which I LOVED. It was a very cute movie. After the movie we went to the park because it was a BEAUTIFUL day. We only stayed at the park for about 30 minutes because Robbie was itching to get home to play TRANSFORMERS on the Wii. We played Transformers for about 20 minutes and Robbie asked if we could go to Target to get "something Speed Racer". So, since this was "his" weekend; off we went. We got him a couple 'Speed Racer' cars, and some pajamas and got a bite to eat on the way home at "donalds".

We were home for about 30 minutes and decided to go miniature golfing! Daredevil said she would go so I called Lettuce Wraps and he brought two of his nephews and we had a great time. The boys were crazy and all over the place! Lettuce Wraps kept up with them as much as possible and Daredevil and I played a fierce game of putt-putt.

After golfing, the boys, Lettuce Wraps and Daredevil played kickball in the backyard and then it was bath time. Lettuce Wraps' nephews came over after their bath and played Transformers for about an hour. After, Robbie and I started to watch 'Enchanted' but we both fell asleep EXHAUSTED!

The next day we went to church and then I took Robbie home. I ended up staying in Winchester for a while. Shane is excited to have his own weekend now! CeCe started screaming when I said I was going to leave and it took Dori a while to calm her down once I left. She is quickly challenging Robbie for my attention. I LOVE those kids. I am glad I was able to spend the weekend with Robbie - he truly is the keeper of my heart.

My favorite "quip" from the weekend:
Robbie: "Yaya.....I can't believe I'm your nephew!"
Me:"Why do you say that Robbie?"
Robbie: "because you are like Santa Claus' wife"
Me: thinking..oh great...where is this leading "why do you say that?"
Robbie: "because you give me lots of presents"
Little does he know, he is the "present" in my life.

4 comments:

Hannah Tull said...

ahh omg that sounds sooo fun! I miss u guys so much and can't wait to come out this summer. That pic of the kids in ur car is hilarious! Ugh I miss them soo bad :P Only 20 more days left of school!

Dorian said...

The kids are so glad that you are their aunt! They talk non stop about you every day! We are so lucky to have you in our lives and I don't think I could make it a day without you!

dustrag said...

That is sooo cute! You are an awesome aunt, and we appreciate the many things you have done for our kids over the years. I know Hannah treasures her relationship with you. Thank you for being YOU!

Love YA! Christy

Globe Trecker said...

So Cute, Kara! I can't believe how grown up he is...I remember going on the cabin trip to Paw Paw with y'all and he was about, what, 4 yrs old? Crazy how time flys by. You are one loved aunt!