Friday, May 30, 2008

The Electric Sunshine Man

I had the best night tonight. I went with my friend Judy to see her two daughters in The Electric Sunshine Man - The story of Thomas Alva Edison - the MUSICAL!!!!! The North Chevy Chase Elementary School Drama Club was AWESOME!!!!!!! It was much more than I ever expected-truly captivating AND the dance routine was unforgettable. Broadway has nothing on these kids! The show lasted an hour and it was enjoyable from the beginning to the end. It was funny, "hip", and educational all in one show.....plus...I just can't do the dance routine justice...let's just say there were glittery hats and the rockettes famous kick line~ pure entertainment. I LOVED it and can't wait until next year's musical about the Revolutionary War. I mean really......what can be better than that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi YaYa:

I was reminded just today about having done this musical in 8th grade, many MANY moons ago, so I googled it, and your blog came up. Let me tell you, I am so happy to see that it is still being put on. It was so much fun to do as a youngster.

Unknown said...

Echoing THEKauffeluver -- I played the role of Edison in this musical in 1980 as a sixth grader. A week ago I bumped into the elementary school teacher who directed me in it and it inspired me to Google and find your comment. Thanks.

"The Electric Sunshine Man, huh? Sunshine in a bottle - Music in a box!"

Unknown said...

No way! My class did the play sometime around 1980 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I just happened to google "sunshine in a bottle music in a box, there was nothing he couldn't do"...and here I am. That tune has drove me crazy for about 30+ years now...lol

Unknown said...

No way! My class did the play sometime around 1980 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I just happened to google "sunshine in a bottle music in a box, there was nothing he couldn't do"...and here I am. That tune has drove me crazy for about 30+ years now...lol